Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another recipe i got from a land o lakes cookbook. i have not tried this recipe, but it sounds like it would be very good.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 2 (21 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons country-style dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- in a 10 inch skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until bacon is browned( 4-6 minutes ).
- place bacon on a paper towel.
- in large bowl, stir togetger bacon and all remaining ingredients.
- pour into a 2-quart casserole.
- bake, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until slightly thickened.
This was wonderful. I made these as a side for burgers. I love the flavor of the chili sauce. Very easy and tasty. I used "baked" beans instead of pork and beans so mine cooked in only 40 mins. To make this even quicker and easier I used about 1/4 c of real bacon bits, instead of chopping and cooking the bacon. :)