Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are easy and delicious.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cooked bacon, well-drained (or more)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand-held electric mixer), cream butter and both sugars until fluffy and mostly smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Turn the mixer down to low and add dry ingredients, a little at a time, until incorporated.
- Stir in chopped bacon by hand with a spoon.
- Place spoonfuls of dough (1 to 1 1/2 tbsp each) on parchment- or Silpat-lined cookie sheet. Press down with back of fork. Bake in preheated oven 14-18 minutes, rotating back-to-front after 7 minutes. (For best results, bake only one sheet at a time, in the middle of the oven.).
- When cookies are golden brown, remove from oven and transfer to a rack to cool.