Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thanks to Katie Lee Joel, this recipe changed the way Paula Deen makes her bacon!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large plastic zip-top bag, combine brown sugar and mustard.
- Add bacon and toss to coat.
- Alternatively, you could mix the dijon and brown sugar in a medium bowl then add the bacon and mix around.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place a cooling rack on the lined baking sheet.
- Put bacon on rack and use your fingers to spread on some of the sugar mixture left in the bowl, and roast in oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Let drain for a few minutes on the rack and serve.
This bacon was absolutely delicious! I could eat every slice myself in one sitting LOL! However, to me it was not as easy to prepare as it sounds. I prepared as directed, but when I added the mustard to the sugar, the sugar mixture got too wet and would not coat the slices of bacon. I tried to coat evenly with my hands and this helped. I found that if there was a clump of sugar mixture on the bacon when cooking, that spot almost burned. If there was a way that the sugar mixture stayed drier, I think that would have made things easier. The bacon was wonderfully flavored, but I for myself, I would only prepare this again for a special breakfast, not just for myself. I prepared this twice before reviewing and got the same results. Perhaps someone could try these and tell me the secret to coating the slices. Again, Delicious and I will enjoy the leftover slices very much. Thanks cookiedog!
Mmmmmmm...so good! I like dipping my bacon in syrup so I knew I was going to love this recipe. The hint of Dijon mustard is just right. I used thick sliced bacon so it wasn't crispy, but I thought it turned out perfectly. Thanks for sharing, cookiedog. Made for April, 2009 Bevy Tag. Update: This recipe is in my Top Favorites of 2009 Cookbook.
I am so happy I happened upon this recipe. I made it Christmas morning and to my surprise everyone loved it! So tasty and easy to prepare. What a nice change from boring fried bacon!