Recipe by Bev
This recipe comes from Virginia Hospitality.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
A wonderful recipe. Hubby is eating it right now, warmed up w/ some light whipped cream on it. I wasn't sure about the exact amount of apples, but about 4 cups seemed right to me & thankfully, it seemed to work! I used Splenda & Splenda brown sugar & Blue Bonnet light butter. Baking time was perfect. The crust topping wasn't as crumbly as I thought; I had to 'spread" it on vs. pressing it, but it looked fine when it came out. It smelled wonderful while baking & looked great, too. Thanks for sharing; hope to make this again for him!!
- 6 cooking apples, pared and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter a 9" pie plate.
- Pile apples in plate and sprinkle with 2/3 cup sugar, 3 TBS butter and cinnamon.
- In food processor, pulse butter and sugar until combined; add flour and salt, pulse till combined.
- Press this crumbly mixture firmly over apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream, or ice cream if desired.
- Note: For variation, recipe can be made with peaches.