Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Basic sugar pie with lower fat and apples.
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla butternut flavoring
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fat free vanilla coffee creamer
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Heat flour, brown sugar and evap.
- milk in sauce pan, stirring constantly until rolling boil, stir in vanilla nut butter.
- Remove mixture from heat and pour into unbaked piecrust.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Remove skin and slice apples thin.
- Mix margarine, cinnamon, and oat bran to make a streusel like topping.
- Remove pie and top with apples (arrange to make a pattern- I make a sunburst), sprinkle streusel topping over apples, sprinkle apple pie spice next and then pour fat free creamer over top of pie.
- Return the pie to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- The filling should be thick and firm upon cooling.