Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
The fresh lemon peel and juice helps to enhance the flavor of this crisp. From Bon Appetit.
- 8 large golden delicious apples, peeled cored,halved,thinly sliced (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces,room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butter 13x9x2" glass baking dish.
- Toss apples, 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, and lemon peel n prepared dish.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in medium bowl.
- Add butter and egg yolk and rub in with your fingertips until mixture forms moist clumps.
- Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake until apples are tender and topping is golden and crisp, about 28 minutes.
- Cool 20 minutes.
- Serve crisp warm with vanilla ice cream.
Bev, you are so right. The fresh lemon really brings out the flavor. I used 1/2 golden delicious and 1/2 granny smith apples. Delicious! Thank you.