Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Martha Stewart
Make and share this Brown Sugar Angel Food Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites and sugar on medium speed until foamy; add cream of tartar. Increase speed to high; beat egg whites until tripled in volume, stiff, and glossy.
- Transfer egg white mixture to a large bowl; fold in flour in three additions.
- Spoon batter into an unbuttered 10-inch angel-food-cake pan with a removable bottom. Run a knife through batter to pop air pockets.
- Bake until cake is golden in color and springs back when gently pressed, about 45 minutes.
- Invert pan onto a cooling rack or the neck of a bottle and allow cake to cool, at least 1 hour.
- To remove cake from pan, run a knife around sides and center tube of pan. Release cake from sides, and run a long knife along the bottom of the cake, freeing it from the tube.
- Serve with ice cream and hot-fudge sauce.