Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Yummy cut-out cookies shared by a former co-worker, Amy Eckrote. I love their mild taste and often make them for the Christmas holidays. The dough rolls out best when it has been refrigerated so plan accordingly.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- granulated sugar, to sprinkle (optional)
- In a mixing bowl; cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Combine flour and butter mixtures.
- Dough will be crumbly, not unlike pie dough.
- Refrigerate, at least 2 hours, for easier handling.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut out with your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
- Place on cookie sheet, sprinkle with granulated sugar if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on rack.