Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The America's Test Kitchen Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 pineapple (peeled, cored and cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch spears)
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Toast coconut by putting it on a baking sheet and baking at 350 degrees. Stir once or twice. It takes 6-8 minutes.; Let it cool.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add rum, then sprinkile the brown sugar evenly over mixture. Cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Lay the spears in the pan. Lower heat to medium low. Cook until deep golden and slightly browned on both sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer the pineapple spears to a serving platter.
- Return thhe pan with glaze to medium-high. Simmer until thickened, about 1 minute. Pour the glaze over the pineapple. Sprinkle with coconut before serving.
Yum yum yum - simple, yet complex! I scaled this back for 2 people, but we REALLY dug in and enjoyed it! Next time it'l be gracing some vanilla bean ice cream - super decadent! Thanks for sharing, Debbie R.
I served this with vanilla icecream and it is declared my favorite summer desert! Thanks for sharing, made for ZWT5