Recipe by Charmie777
An excellent way to serve corned beef! Smells divine! (You may use the seasoning packet that comes with the corned beef if you prefer.) CROCK POT instructions included.
- 1360.77-1814.36 g corned beef brisket
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml brown mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse off the brisket under running water.
- Trim off excess fat.
- Place in large stock pot and cover with water. AT this point you may use the seasoning packet that came with the corned beef.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer.
- Cook about 3 hours until very tender (skimming fat as necessary). Add more water if needed to keep covered.
- CROCK POT DIRECTIONS: If desired, cook corned beef in crock pot until tender. Continue on past this point.
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In a sauce pan, combine the brown sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- After about 5 minutes, stir in mustard.
- Continue simmering another 2-3 minutes.
- Place the brisket on a rack in a roaster.
- Thinly coat meat with glaze.
- Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes, reglazing every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes.
- Slice thin to serve.