An excellent way to serve corned beef! Smells divine! (You may use the seasoning packet that comes with the corned beef if you prefer.) CROCK POT instructions included.
- Rinse off the brisket under running water.
- Trim off excess fat.
- Place in large stock pot and cover with water. AT this point you may use the seasoning packet that came with the corned beef.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer.
- Cook about 3 hours until very tender (skimming fat as necessary). Add more water if needed to keep covered.
- CROCK POT DIRECTIONS: If desired, cook corned beef in crock pot until tender. Continue on past this point.
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In a sauce pan, combine the brown sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- After about 5 minutes, stir in mustard.
- Continue simmering another 2-3 minutes.
- Place the brisket on a rack in a roaster.
- Thinly coat meat with glaze.
- Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes, reglazing every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes.
- Slice thin to serve.