1/7 Photos of Brown Sugar and Mustard Glazed Corned Beef
An excellent way to serve corned beef! Smells divine! (You may use the seasoning packet that comes with the corned beef if you prefer.) CROCK POT instructions included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse off the brisket under running water.
- 2Trim off excess fat.
- 3Place in large stock pot and cover with water. AT this point you may use the seasoning packet that came with the corned beef.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Lower the heat to simmer.
- 6Cook about 3 hours until very tender (skimming fat as necessary). Add more water if needed to keep covered.
- 7CROCK POT DIRECTIONS: If desired, cook corned beef in crock pot until tender. Continue on past this point.
- 8Preheat oven to 325º.
- 9In a sauce pan, combine the brown sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- 10After about 5 minutes, stir in mustard.
- 11Continue simmering another 2-3 minutes.
- 12Place the brisket on a rack in a roaster.
- 13Thinly coat meat with glaze.
- 14Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes, reglazing every 10 minutes.
- 15Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes.
- 16Slice thin to serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar and Mustard Glazed Corned Beef
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.6
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 222.1 mg
- Sodium 2576.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: