Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
An excellent way to serve corned beef! Smells divine! (You may use the seasoning packet that comes with the corned beef if you prefer.) CROCK POT instructions included.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) corned beef brisket
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown mustard
- Rinse off the brisket under running water.
- Trim off excess fat.
- Place in large stock pot and cover with water. AT this point you may use the seasoning packet that came with the corned beef.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer.
- Cook about 3 hours until very tender (skimming fat as necessary). Add more water if needed to keep covered.
- CROCK POT DIRECTIONS: If desired, cook corned beef in crock pot until tender. Continue on past this point.
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In a sauce pan, combine the brown sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- After about 5 minutes, stir in mustard.
- Continue simmering another 2-3 minutes.
- Place the brisket on a rack in a roaster.
- Thinly coat meat with glaze.
- Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes, reglazing every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes.
- Slice thin to serve.
This was so good. I used the stovetop method and loved the sauce over this corned beef. Thanks Charmie for sharing this keeper. Made for ZWT8 - Great Britain.
Loved this corned beef recipe; especially the wonderful glaze! Made this dish using the stovetop method, but I might try it in the slow cooker next time. I served it with cabbage which I cooked in the pressure cooker. Looking forward to the leftovers as DH is dying for a reuben sandwich. Will definitely make this again. Made for ZWT-8-Family Picks.
Tender, melt in your mouth corned beef!! We loved this with colcannon. Made for ZWT8.