Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
MMMMMM! Fast and yummy!
Make and share this Brown Sugar and Ginger Glazed Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (fresh grated ginger to taste is good too)
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat broiler and coat broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray or oil.
- Season salmon with fresh cracked black pepper to taste and place skin side up on oiled pan. Place under heating element about 6 inches from heat source for 3 minutes.
- Combine sugar, mustard, soy sauce, and ginger. When the 3 minutes is up turn salmon and brush with the glaze. Allow to cook vfor 2 minutes more or until sugar melts and fish flakes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired,.
The salmon was tasty. I like this recipe because it uses ingredients that I have almost always on hand.
I don't know if it's because I didn't preheat the broiler long enough or if it's because my salmon was still frozen, but it took longer than 5 minutes to cook. The glaze was good though! Note to cooks - even though the edges may flake and be done, make sure the middle is cooked as well.
Quick, easy and tasty. I sprinkled black sesame seed over. Loved it! Made for Beverage Tag.