1/2 Photos of Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Bagels
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sherri L.'s Note:
Modified from homemade bagels recipe from recipezaar. 2 WW pts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix yeast, sugar and warm water together and let stand 3 minutes.
- 2Mix 2 cups of flour with the salt in a large bowl and add the yeast mixture.
- 3Stir until combined and slowly mix in the rest of the flour and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- 4Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes, adding additional flour if needed, dough should be firm.
- 5Place dough in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until double.
- 6After rising punch down and divide dough into 12 balls.
- 7Allow to rest for 4 minutes.
- 8Bring 2 quarts of water to boil.
- 9With your thumb, make a hole in each ball of dough and pull open about 2 inches, making a bagel shape.
- 10Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 11Place the shaped dough onto a cookie sheet and cover for 10 minutes.
- 12Lower heat under water for it to be simmering.
- 13Drop 2 or 3 bagels at a time into the water for about 45 seconds, turning each once.
- 14Drain and place on greased baking sheets.
- 15Brush tops with beaten egg white and top with brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon mixed together.
- 16Bake for 35 minutes, turning once for even browning.
- 17Bagels are done when they are golden brown and shiny.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Bagels
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 473.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g