Recipe by Shawn C
ANother Dad original dish
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good but I did change it up a bit beause of what I had on hand. I used one pound of beef stir fry meat, didn't add celery as I didn't have any nor did I add the kitchen bouquet as I didn't have any of that either. I measured the water and added 2 cups and used two teaspoons of beef base (since I didn't have the kitchen bouquet). I added two cans of carrots and a can of diced potatoes the last 20 minutes of cooking. This was good and tender. We all enjoyed it.
- 2 lbs cubed chuck roast
- salt and pepper
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 14 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon beef base
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- salt and pepper beef and coat with flour, brown in a little oil a few pieces at a time in a large dutch oven type pot.
- put all meat back in pot and add enough water to barely cover meat.
- add all remaining ingredients cook 1 hour on a low boil stirring occasionally.
- thicken with cornstarch and water if necessary.
- serve with rice.