- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 453.59 g lean stewing beef
- 14.79 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml adobo seasoning
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 396.89 g can low sodium beef broth
- 236.59 ml celery, sliced
- 236.59 ml carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium jalapeno, chopped small (optional)
- 396.89 g can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed and each cut in 6 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together in a bowl, dry mustard, cornstarch, adobo seasoning, salt and pepper; add stew beef and stir to coat.
- Spray a large non stick frypan generously with veggie spray and heat to medium. Add stew meat mixture and cook, stirring for 3 or 4 minutes; add beef broth and mix well. Add celery, carrots, onion, drained tomatoes and jalapeño if using. Mix well and bring to simmer; cover and let simmer for 1 hour. Add potato pieces and continue simmering covered for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- (You can add the potatoes to the stew meat mixture or boil the potatoes separately and serve the stew over them, or boil and mash them, your choice).