Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from a cooking class I took. Its great with pate or an assortment of cheese. I would use this to replace dinner rolles. Even the kids love then. Low fat high fiber.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients, stir in honey and than add enought yogurt to make a stisky dough.
- Kneed lightly than put in a 9x5 inch loaf pan or 6 cup mini loaf pans.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 40 min.
- for loaf or 25 min in mini pans or until tester put in center comes out clean.
Nice flavor. It cooked much longer then directed and, while the tester came out clean, was definitely not done in the middle. But a nice sturdy bread that would be good dunked in soup. Thanks!
THis is great my kids loved it and look at all that fiber.