Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious side-dish alongside a steak or chicken
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 -2 tablespoon hummus
- Place the rice, water, salt, pepper and thyme in a saucepan and bring to a boil. When the water comes to a boil, lower to a simmer, cover and leave for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender and cooked.
- Drain and rinse the can of beans. When the rice is almost completely cooked, put the beans in the pot and cook until the rice is done and the beans are warmed through.
- Before serving, dollop a tablespoon or two of hummus into the rice and beans. I like using roasted garlic or red bell pepper hummus, but this is up to you.