Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
What I had on hand is what I used to make this brown rice dish to go with some baked salmon the other day!
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup jicama, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- Put peas and corn in strainer, and run hot water over to thaw, then put in bowl.
- Add cooked brown rice, jicama, cranberries, lemon pepper (and onions, if desired).
- Mix and serve ~ Simple as that!
Loved the jicama and cranberries in this. It made alot so for the leftovers, I baked some chicken breasts, cut them up, added to the mixture and we have lunches for next week. Thanks so much!
Great side dish! I used a mixture of brown and wild rice. I loved the addition of the cranberries. Thanks for posting.
This is so simple and quick to make. The cranberries were a good touch in here. I served this with kebab for dinner. Didn't have to grill corn as this has corn in it already! Cool, huh? Mmmmm. Thanks, Sydney Mike! Made for ZWT4.