Recipe by Lori Mama
Nutty rice dish taken from Rachael Ray's cookbook "Look + Cook" with adjustments.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this with one change ~ Used a homemade vegetable stock instead of the chicken kind, since I wanted to keep it vegetarian for my son & DIL who lean that way! And, although it worked out fine (& everyone enjoyed it) I'm sure the chicken flavor would have sent it off in a different, & just as tasty a direction! Loved the flavor combo of the title ingredients & will make it again, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 orange, rind grated and juiced
- 3 green onions, finally chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, put rice, stock, orange rind, seasonings and butter.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Gently cook, covered, until rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Approximately 40-45 minutes.
- When rice is done, fluff with fork, add the orange juice, onions and parsley.
- Mix and serve.