Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nutty rice dish taken from Rachael Ray's cookbook "Look + Cook" with adjustments.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 orange, rind grated and juiced
- 3 green onions, finally chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, put rice, stock, orange rind, seasonings and butter.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Gently cook, covered, until rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Approximately 40-45 minutes.
- When rice is done, fluff with fork, add the orange juice, onions and parsley.
- Mix and serve.
Made this with one change ~ Used a homemade vegetable stock instead of the chicken kind, since I wanted to keep it vegetarian for my son & DIL who lean that way! And, although it worked out fine (& everyone enjoyed it) I'm sure the chicken flavor would have sent it off in a different, & just as tasty a direction! Loved the flavor combo of the title ingredients & will make it again, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
I enjoyed this rice dish a lot. It's surprising how much of a flavour punch the orange zest and juice impart. Thank you for sharing.
Simple but full of flavor! Will make again for sure. Did add some slivered carrots with rice. Thanks for sharing.