1/2 Photos of Brown Rice With Onions, Garlic, and Pecans
This is a wonderful rice dish, rich with flavor and textures. One of my favorite side dishes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using chicken broth [or water for Vegetarian], cook the rice according to the package directions.
- 2About 15 minutes before the rice is ready, melt the butter in a skillet over medium low heat.
- 3Add the chopped onion and saute', stirring often, until the onion is very soft and begins to color, about 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in the minced garlic and the pecan meats; saute' over medium heat, stirring, until the nuts and onions are golden and the garlic is tender.
- 5After done cooking, let the rice stand, covered, for 5 minutes; spoon rice into a bowl, spoon the onions and pecans on top, and fluff with a fork or a chopstick.
- 6Garnish with the green onions.
- 7Makes 4 servings.
- 8This is also good with other types of nut, such as pine nuts, pistachios, and walnuts, and also made with a mixture of white and wild rice; sliced mushrooms are also a good addition.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice With Onions, Garlic, and Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.9
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 455.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g