Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a recipe from Sanjeev Kapoor from the Young Times magazine. It is a one-meal dish full of essential nutrients and its wholesome at the same time. I hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by Ranikabani
The taste and texture was not pleasing to me. I made it exactly as the recipe had indicated and I'm sorry to say that it just didn't do it for me. There was something that I didn't like about the blend of flavours in this dish but I really can't put my finger on it.
- 1 cup brown rice, washed and soaked for 1 hour in water and drained
- 2 stalks lemongrass, cleaned,washed and chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled,washed and sliced
- 2 shallots, peeled,washed and sliced
- 1 medium fresh cucumber, peeled,washed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon pure wesson canola oil
- 4 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Toss in the peanuts.
- Saute until golden.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Keep aside.
- Put rice in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Add lemon grass, ginger, shallots and coconut milk.
- Mix well.
- If the coconut milk is too thick, add 1/2 cup of water.
- Add salt.
- Cook on high heat till it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook till done.
- Stir in peanuts and cucumber slices.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, one at a time.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan with a few drops of oil.
- Pour in the eggs.
- Cook the omelet and then cut it into strips.
- Transfer the cooked rice into a serving dish.
- Cover with a lattice pattern of omelet strips.
- Serve hot.
- Bon Appetite!