Recipe by Dancer^
This recipe can be doubled or tripled. Goes nicely with chicken or fish. Points 6.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese or 1⁄4 cup colby blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 1 1/2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice with yogurt, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Place half of the mixture in the bottom of casserole.
- Top with half the chiles and half the cheese.
- Repeat layers, topping with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.