Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is total veg comfort food...cheese, nuts, rice, and TONS of good veggies. What's not to love? This takes a little bit of time but it is well worth the effort.
- 709.77 ml vegetable broth
- 354.88 ml brown rice, uncooked
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 946.36 ml cauliflower, chopped
- 946.36 ml broccoli, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml cashews
- 473.18 ml reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 3-quart baking dish combine broth, rice, 1 c onion, soy sauce, butter, and thyme. Cover and bake 65-70 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a large skillet saute veggies, garlic, and remaining onion in oil until tender. Spoon over rice mixture.
- Cover and bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cashews and cheese, serve after cheese melts.