Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This is total veg comfort food...cheese, nuts, rice, and TONS of good veggies. What's not to love? This takes a little bit of time but it is well worth the effort.
Top Review by Stardustannie
A tasty vegetarian dish loved also by the meat eaters in our family. I roasted off organic onion, carrot, green bean,broccoli & carrot and only used a small sprinkling of cheese.
The leftovers were also enjoyed cold in the next days lunchbox.
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 3-quart baking dish combine broth, rice, 1 c onion, soy sauce, butter, and thyme. Cover and bake 65-70 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a large skillet saute veggies, garlic, and remaining onion in oil until tender. Spoon over rice mixture.
- Cover and bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cashews and cheese, serve after cheese melts.