1/1 Photo of Brown Rice Tabouli
24 hrs 3 mins
Tabouli is a great side or light snack on a hot summer day. My version is for those that DON'T like bulgar or are gluten sensitive. I also have additions to make this a "one dish wonder" for a complete meal and/or more veggies to satisfy the pallet of vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. This recipe can also be made with bulgar or barley...it is the best the next day. I even took it to my church picnic and got rave reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups Minute brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro (stemmed and chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 medium cucumber (seeded and chopped)
- 3 plum tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (cut in half, sustitute for plum tomatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Bring the water to a boil and add the rice, cook to desired doneness or as per package directions. Add the juices and oil, stir thoroughly with a FORK! This will fluff the rice and distribute the liquids evenly to prevent sticking. Cool completely.
- 2As the rice is cooling, prepare the other ingredients. Add these once the rice is COMPLETELY cool.
- 3For best results let stand overnight.
- 4Optional add ins (for each 1/2 c of add in, add one serving to the total no. of servings shown): 1 cup diced FRESH mozzarella, 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, 1/4 cup chopped red pepper, 1/4 cup chopped yellow pepper, 1 sm can of white chicken breast.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice Tabouli
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.9
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 109.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g