1/1 Photo of Brown Rice Stir-Fry With Flavored Tofu and Vegetables
I found this in Martha Stewart's "Body + Soul" magazine. I was looking for something else, when I saw this - she highlights 5 meals that are healthy and good for you - this was Friday's meal. Haven't tried this as yet but the combination of ingredients sounded so good that I posted it here for safekeeping and also as a request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 scallions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces flavored baked tofu (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1In a large skillet or wok, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic, ginger, & red pepper flakes (if using); stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 3Add tofu; stir-fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add red and yellow peppers; cook, stirring, until peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add rice and soy sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 6Stir in sesame oil & sesame seeds, if using.
- 7Season with salt and pepper; garnish with scallions.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice Stir-Fry With Flavored Tofu and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 455.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: