I found this in Martha Stewart's "Body + Soul" magazine. I was looking for something else, when I saw this - she highlights 5 meals that are healthy and good for you - this was Friday's meal. Haven't tried this as yet but the combination of ingredients sounded so good that I posted it here for safekeeping and also as a request.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 scallions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces flavored baked tofu (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, & red pepper flakes (if using); stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add tofu; stir-fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add red and yellow peppers; cook, stirring, until peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice and soy sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in sesame oil & sesame seeds, if using.
- Season with salt and pepper; garnish with scallions.
- Serve hot.