Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Recipe assumes you have leftover brown rice.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, chilled
- 1⁄2 lb bay shrimp, rinsed and drained (salad shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced fine (use white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Place cold rice in large bowl and fluff with a fork to separate grains.
- Add shrimp, dill and green onions. Toss gently.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over rice. Stir in mayonnaise. Use more or less mayonnaise to obtain desired consistency. It should be a light dressing.
Well I happened to have leftover brown rice and all the rest of the ingredients so I thought I would give this a try. It was delicious, and a great way to use up leftovers! Terrific salad, thanks for posting. Made for Aussie Swap :)