Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is nutritious and is simple to fix. Great way to use up leftover chicken. I love making this for lunch. You can add whatever veggies you like.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed grilled chicken breasts
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In a jar with a lid, combine the vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and shake well.
- Pour over the rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
This was a great idea for left over vegetables and rice. I thought I was going to make a macaroni salad but I had no mayo. No one complained with this substitue. Fresh lemon juice is definately a must. I added a little fetta cheese and it gave it a real Greek flavor.
Starting with cooked chicken on hand & the rice already cooked, this recipe goes together quickly! I added a steamed pea-&-corn combo for a great supper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game]