Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salad takes its flavor inspiration from North Africa. *from the Joy of Cooking*
- 709.77 ml cooked brown rice (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 16 dates, pitted and diced
- 3 large navel oranges, peeled, divided into segments, each segment cut into thirds
- 2 scallions, minced
- 118.29 ml dark raisins or 118.29 ml golden raisin
- 118.29 ml minced fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- Stir together in a large bowl.
- Serve at room temperature.