- 3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained (or 1 1/2 cup cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large serving bowl, combine the rice, black-eyed peas, onion, celery, pecans, and parsley; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, thyme, salt, and cayenne.
- Mix well, then pour the dressing over the salad; toss to combine and serve.