Recipe by sdonaldson
Yummy salad, that has a sweetness to it which comes from the currants. Great for BBQ's.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 6 spring onions
- 1 red capsicum
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
Soya Sauce Dressing (use 6 Tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower oil
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brown rice and leave aside when done.
- Roast the sunflower seeds in pre-heated, 180ºC oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Chop the spring onions and capsicum and finely chop the parsley.
- Then place all the salad ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- For the dressing, combine oil, soya sauce, lemon juice and garlic and pour over salad.
- Give it a stir, then serve.