Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious, nutty rice salad that is a meal on its own or fantastic to take to a BBQ as an impressive side dish.
For the salad
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 1 red capsicum, chopped (red bell pepper)
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup cashews or 1⁄2 cup peanuts
For the dressing
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- black pepper
- Cook brown rice until tender, allow to cool.
- To prepare the dressing put the ingredients into a large jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well. Put aside.
- In a large bowl add the rice and all other salad ingredients.
- Pour over the dressing and mix through. The flavours improve on standing as the rice soaks in the dressing. Enjoy!
Refreshing and so easy to make!! I added more garlic, didn't have green onion so I used dried chives. I did use less olive oil and just added soy sauce to taste. I let this sit in the fridge for a few hours and it was perfect. Also added sunflower seeds that were ranch flavored.
A tasty addition to a salad table. Personally I preferred to use less olive oil cutting it down to 1/3cup I also added a handful of chopped parsley, and a 2Tbsp of both sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. YUM!
This was really delicious! My fridge froze my green onions, so I used a couple of shallots, but otherwise made as per the recipe. A note for those who make this in the future - if you're using dark soy sauce, just use half the amount, and taste it from there! I really enjoyed the cashews and raisins in this - delicious! Made for PAC Fall 2009. You were adopted!