Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
I am just going to make this for dinner and thought I must post it quickly. I love this salad. You can serve it as a main course salad or as I am doing with lamb cutlets.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup pepitas
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- fresh rocket
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pumpkin in oven, sparyed with olive oil until light brown and tender. Let coll to room temperature.
- Cook brown rice in large saucepan of boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain in colander - do not overcook. Cool.
- Brown pumpkin and sunflower seeds in oven for 5 minutes at 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together.
- Place rice in large bowl, pour over dressing, mix throught, add all other ingredients and mix well.