Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The combination of lamb, brown rice, and curry powder gives this eye-catching one-dish meal terrific flavor. Just add a tossed salad to round out the meal
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless lamb shoulder, roast
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups spicy vegetable juice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- Trim fat from meat.
- If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat and cook meat in hot skillet until browned, turning to brown evenly.
- Drain off fat.
- In the slow cooker, combine vegetable juice, uncooked brown rice, curry powder, and salt.
- Top with carrots and place meat on carrots.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Add the sweet pepper to slow cooker. Cover and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until sweet pepper is tender.
Very good and interesting crockpot recipe which we enjoyed. I used a half leg of lamb which worked out fine. Thanks for sharing!