Recipe by ellie3763
from "seemingly greek" - http://seeminglygreek.blogspot.com/2011/02/brown-rice-pudding.html
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
I thought this was really good, and appreciate that it's even fairly nutritious. I used skim milk, turbinado sugar, and freshly grated nutmeg. I had to boil the rice a little longer than indicated on the recipe (approx. 10 minutes more), but otherwise followed the recipe as written. Thanks for posting this!
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine milk, salt, nutmeg, and rice. Bring to a slight boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to medium-low and cover. Allow to cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Add sugar, cornstarch, egg, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Return to heat and cook about 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Pour mixture into individual serving dishes and cool to room temperature. Mixture may be refrigerated at this point if desired. Before serving, sprinkle generously with cinnamon.