Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a rather odd recipe I got of fitnessandfreebies.com. I thought it tasted pretty good, it's a new tiwst on the old favourite and low gi
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- Combine cooled rice, egg whites, and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese in a large bowl.
- Press into 12-inch pizza pan sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Combine pizza sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- spread over prepared rice crust.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Layer 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, olives, and red pepper.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green peppers.
I thought that this was an interesting recipe and gave it a shot for dinner. It was okay for what it was -- a rice crust. But, I can't say that I would make it again.