- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium zucchini, small dice
- 2 carrots, small dice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-1/2 quart saucepan sauté garlic and onions in oil over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add brown rice, toast, stirring constantly for about 4 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to boil. Then simmer and cook rice for 45 mins, undisturbed.
- Meanwhile, in a bit of oil, sauté zucchini and carrots for about 3-4 mins in a small fry pan over medium heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When rice is cooked, add corn, zucchini, and carrots and mix well.