Recipe by Abby Girl
A nice side dish. You can use just abut any type of rice for this recipe....just adjust the cooking time.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup whole grain brown rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, chopped
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice. Cook for 1 minute. Add broth and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 45 - 50 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cranberries, nuts, parsley and lemon zest. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.