Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Excellent, tasty rice stuffing or great as a side dish.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- cooked brown rice, as above
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced dried garlic or 2 tablespoons fresh smashed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon lemongrass and chili spice mix
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped (optional)
- Combine all rice ingredients in a pot, bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer, covered 40 to 45 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Set aside.
- In a large non stick frypan, heat olive oil; add mushrooms, celery, onions, garlic, water chestnuts,celery salt and lemon grass/chili blend, saute until onions are soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add rice and roasted red peppers, if using; mix and stir fry for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- May be used as a stuffing for poultry and salmon or eat it as a side dish pilaf.
- Any spices you like can be added or subbed in this pilaf, very versitile, I often add poultry dressing if its for a chicken. Change the spices and veggies to suit what ever you are stuffing.
- Please add to ingredients list "1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts"