Recipe by Lainey6605
I love rice pilaf and I was excited to find this recipe for brown rice pilaf since brown rice is so much better for you. It is from Healthy Cooking.
Top Review by NELady
We really enjoyed this healthier version of rice pilaf. Great flavor! The extra cooking time (for the brown rice) is worth it - the rice was fluffy and scrumptious! I followed the recipe EXACTLY and I wouldn't change a thing! Made for Photo Tag.
- 1 medim onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 295.73 ml long grain brown rice, uncooked
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 354.88 ml water
- 236.59 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
- Add rice and garlic; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- Add the water, broth, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Fluff with fork.