Recipe by Studentchef
I know I have already have a rice pilaf posted, but I couldn't resist changing it up a bit. I came up with something that is quite different from the one I have, and it was a big hit in my house.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This is a nice basic brown rice salad with good flavour. It was easy and quick to make and the addition of the different veggies was really yummy. However I felt it needed a bit more seasoning than what was listed. I added some more garlic, chilli powder, black pepper and herb infused salt.
Thank you very much for sharing this nice recipe with us, Ill make it again!
Made and reviewed for your being VIP during Veggie Swap #34 May 2011.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- saute onion and garlic in oil until onion is translucent, about five minutes. Stir frequently to prevent onion and garlic from burning.
- Add carrot and let saute 3 more minutes.
- Add brown rice and stir until rice is coated with the olive oil.
- Cover with about 2 cups of water, and add the corn, peas, salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Let it come to a boil and then let it simmer until ready. Stir occasionally to prevent the bottom from sticking to the pot.