I know I have already have a rice pilaf posted, but I couldn't resist changing it up a bit. I came up with something that is quite different from the one I have, and it was a big hit in my house.
- saute onion and garlic in oil until onion is translucent, about five minutes. Stir frequently to prevent onion and garlic from burning.
- Add carrot and let saute 3 more minutes.
- Add brown rice and stir until rice is coated with the olive oil.
- Cover with about 2 cups of water, and add the corn, peas, salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Let it come to a boil and then let it simmer until ready. Stir occasionally to prevent the bottom from sticking to the pot.