I love this pilaf! I never liked brown rice until I tried it this way. It goes with just about anything, and the leftovers (when there are any) reheat well, too.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until onion is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add broth, and season with salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 45-50 minutes. Check rice occasionally and add water if necessary.
- Uncover and let rice stand for 5 minutes before serving.