Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Chicken broth or water may be used in place of the vegetable broth. Cooking time includes cooking rice. The complete recipe may be doubled.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (or use water or chicken broth)
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup oil (or use butter)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic, 9or to taste
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 large eggs, beaten (can use 3 eggs)
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup toasted slivered almonds (can use more)
- soy sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan bring 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth (or water or chicken broth) to a boil; add in rice cover with a tight-fitting lid; reduce heat to medium-low and cook rice for about 45 minutes or until tender (the rice may take longer than stated time) fluff with fork and set aside (keep lid on to keep rice warm).
- Heat oil or butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add in onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and diced carrots; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook stirring until they release their moisture and are slightly browned (about 10-12 minutes).
- Add in frozen peas and cook stirring 1 minute.
- To the skillet with the veggies add in eggs; stir constantly until cooked.
- Remove the skillet from heat, then add in the cooked rice and almonds; toss until combined with vegetables.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with soy sauce if desired.