Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
For my vegetarian SIL and friends
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked as directed on the package (3 cups cooked)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ketchup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the ketchup; mix well.
- Turn mixture into a lightly oiled 9 x 5 inch loaf pan; gently pat down.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until the loaf is firm and the top is lightly browned.
- Let stand in pan for 5-10 minutes before serving.