Recipe by cuisinebymae
So good on a cold day!
Top Review by amaineman
I substituted 2 lamb chops for the pork, didnt have celery so doubled the carrots, had crushed tomatoes instead of diced, and I cut the salt down and used 3 cups low sodium beef stock and 3 cups water. Turned out very good, was a big hit.
- 29.58 ml oil
- 340.19 g lean pork, diced
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1419.54 ml water
- 177.44 ml dry lentils
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 177.44 ml brown rice, uncooked
- 9.85 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 0.59-1.23 ml red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure salt into a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add diced pork and a sprinkle of salt.
- Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until browned.
- Stir in the celery, onion, garlic, carrots, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Stir and cook until they start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in water and lentils.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, brown rice, remaining salt, pepper, cumin, and pepper flakes.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45- 60 minutes, until done.