Recipe by Dwynnie
This is a good dressing recipe that we like with pork chops or duck. (It can also be used as a stuffing.) I based it on a few different recipes for brown rice dressing, but think it has an extra richness with the butter and the egg. The seasonings, of course, should be adjusted to your taste!
- 1 medium sweet onion, minced
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider (with more as needed) or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (with more as needed)
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan and cook the onion and apple over medium heat until the onion is translucent and soft.
- Mix the rice, raisins, pecans, and seasonings together in a large bowl.
- Pour the butter, onion, and apple over the rice mixture and fold together.
- Beat the egg and apple cider (or chicken broth) and pour over the dressing mixture. Fold until well combined, adding additional apple cider or chicken broth if the mixture is too dry.
- Put dressing into a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish and bake for 1 hour.