Prep 2 hrs 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An unusual combination that all will enjoy as the summer months hit their peak
Make and share this Brown Rice Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1 teaspoon other artificial sweetener
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium papaya, peeled,seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl mix the first 5 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Halve orange sections, then combine all the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the dressing ingredients again and toss with salad to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until well chilled.
I thought this turned out very bitter. The ingredients did not mix very well. If I were to make it again I would omit the sour cream and add more sweetner
Good morning, I made this salad this morning so we can enjoy some for lunch. I, replaced the orange with a pear, did not use mango or banana, added pineapple tidbits drained and used strawberries. I used fat free plain yogurt that I added the pineapple juice to for the dressing. (I am alergic to oranges) I think that grapes could be used in place of strawberries. :)