Recipe by AnnieCan
This is a hearty and satisfying dish. I found this recipe a few years ago and have played with it a bit. Tweak it to suit your taste buds.
Top Review by Strawberry_sunshine
Quite good. Loved the olives in it! I think they sort of made the dish. Not sure what I would add to give it a little more flavour, but I also added feta just to give it a bit more kick. I will definitely use and adjust this recipe many times!
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown basmati rice
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse rice with cold water in bowl or strainer until no longer cloudy.
- Lightly oil a 2 liter casserole dish.
- Turn oven on to 400°F.
- Combine all but the last 4 ingredients in the dish.
- Cover, bake for 1 hour.
- Add olives, stir. Bake for 30 minutes more, covered.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, covered. Rice should be soft, water absorbed.
- Stir in parsley and mint. Add more salt if desired.
- Drizzle with the tbsp of oil and serve.